Alexa Grasso vs Jodie Esquibel Headlines Invicta FC 18
Invicta Fighting Championships returns to Kanas City for its 18th event on Friday, July 29th as Scottish Rite Temple – a nationally recognized historic landmark – hosts Invicta FC 18: Grasso vs. Esquibel.
Unbeaten strawweight phenom Alexa Grasso makes her main event debut on UFC FIGHT PASS, taking on Jackson-Wink MMA product Jodie Esquibel, who returns to the Invicta FC cage for the first time since 2014.
In the co-main event, Grasso’s teammate, former bantamweight title challenger Irene Aldana welcomes 22-year-old Brazilian prospect Taila Santos in her first appearance for the promotion.
- Belgian bantamweight Cindy Dandois (6-2) takes on UFC veteranJessamyn Duke (3-4, 1 NC)
- Undefeated prospects Agnieszka Niedzwiedz (7-0) of Poland and Claudia Rey (6-0) of Brazil clash at flyweight
- Australian import Megan Anderson (6-2) looks to make it three in a row against Peggy Morgan (4-3) in a featherweight tilt
- Manjit Kolekar (8-0) of India puts her unblemished record on the line in a strawweight scrap with veteran Lynn Alvarez (6-3)
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Sijara Eubanks battles fellow bantamweight Amberlynn ‘Orr, who makes her professional debut
The seven announced bouts for Invicta FC 18 can be found below:
Strawweight: Alexa Grasso (7-0) vs. Jodie Esquibel (5-1)
Bantamweight: Irene Aldana (6-2) vs. Taila Santos (13-0)
Flyweight: Agnieszka Niedzwiedz (7-0) vs Claudia Rey (6-0)
Bantamweight: Cindy Dandois (6-2) vs. Jessamyn Duke (3-4, 1 NC)
Featherweight: Megan Anderson (6-2) vs. Peggy Morgan (4-3)
Strawweight: Manjit Kolekar (8-0) vs. Lynn Alvarez (6-3)
Bantamweight: Sijara Eubanks (1-1) vs. Amberlynn Orr (0-0)
Additional bouts for Invicta FC 18 will be announced at a later date.
Tickets for Invicta FC 18 go on sale Wednesday, June 22nd at CageTix.com.