Holly Holm Forced Out of UFC 181 Fight With Raquel Pennington Due to Neck Injury
Undefeated Women’s Bantamweight prospect, Holly Holm (7-0) has been ruled out of her bout against Raquel Pennington for UFC 181 in the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on December 6th, 2014.
As of today there has been no replacement named although Pennington hasn’t officially been taken off the card.
UFC 181 is headlined by the UFC Welterweight Championship bout, a hotly anticipated rematch between current champ, Johny Hendricks (16-2) and Robbie Lawler (35-10).
According to MMA Junkie the injury Holm suffered is a neck injury that is believed to be serious, but no further details were given.
The Pennington fight was to be Holly Holm’s UFC debut. Many fans and media are eager to see if Holly Holm can be the woman to give UFC women’s bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey her toughest fight yet.
UFC 181 Fight Card
- Johny Hendricks vs Robbie Lawler – Welterweight title
- Anthony Pettis vs. Gilbert Melendez – Lightweight title
- Travis Browne vs Brendan Schaub
- Raquel Pennington vs TBA
- Tony Ferguson vs Abel Trujillo
- Urijah Faber vs Francisco Rivera
- Eddie Gordon vs Josh Samman
- Corey Anderson vs TBA
- Todd Duffee vs Anthony Hamilton
- Matt Hobar vs Sergio Pettis
- Clay Collard vs Alex White