In this Thanksgiving Thursday we throwback to the Top 20 Knockouts in the first 20 years of UFC history. That means this is your chance to relive (or learn about) the most impressive knockouts from yesterday’s stars.
19. Vitor Belfort vs Wanderlei Silva. Ultimate Brazil – October 16, 1998. ‘The Phenom’ showed off his blazing hand speed and devastating power in his middleweight debut. 18. Renan Barao vs Eddie Wineland. UFC 165 – September 21, 2013. Barao lands a devastating kick that floors Wineland. 17. Yves Edwards vs Josh Thomson. UFC 49 – August 21, 2004. Edwards pulled an impressive right high kick that sent Thomson to another planet. 16. Rashad Evans vs Sean Salmon. UFC Fight Night 8 – January 25, 2007. A prefectly timed kick to the head allowed Evans to remain undefeated at the time.
15. B.J. Penn vs Caol Uno. UFC 34 – November 2, 2001. Penn earned the right to fight for the belt after annihilating Uno against the cage in 11 seconds. 14. Travis Browne vs Alistair Overeem. UFC Fight Night 26 – August 16, 2013. A left front kick to the chin marked the beginning of the end for Overeem. 13. Rampage Jackson vs Wanderlei Silva III. UFC 92 – December 27, 2008. Third time was the charm for Rampage as he finally beat his nemesis Wanderlei with an espectacular KO. 12. Pete Williams vs Mark Coleman. UFC 17 – May 15, 1998. Pete Williams puts Coleman to sleep with ‘The Kick Heard Around The World’.
11. Lyoto Machida vs Randy Couture. UFC 129 – April 30, 2011. Machida went ‘Karate Kid’ on Couture. 10. Rashad Evans vs Chuck Liddell. UFC 88 – September 6, 2008. Rashad stunned Atlanta with a perfect punch to put ‘The Iceman’ away. 9. Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz. UFC 47 – April 2, 2004. Chuck pinned Tito to the cage and unleashed a barrage of punches. 8. Rich Franklin vs Nate Quarry. UFC 56 – November 19, 2005. A beautiful straight left to Nate’s chin puts him out before he even touched the mat.
7. Shogun Rua vs Lyoto Machida II. UFC 113 – May 8, 2010. Shogun took Machida’s unbeaten record and his belt. 6. Matt Hughes vs Carlos Newton. UFC 34 – November 2, 2001. Hughes won the belt by slamming Newton as he was trying to choke him. 5. Chuck Liddell vs Randy Couture II. UFC 52 – April 16, 2005. A beautiful right hand to the chin sent Couture to the ground, only to be finished with a couple more punches. 4. Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping. UFC 100 – July 11, 2009. A knockout that will forever live on in our minds, Henderson diving to land an extra shot on a defenseless Bisping.
3. Gabriel Gonzaga vs Mirko Cro Cop. UFC 70 – April 21, 2007. A taste of his medicine, that is how Gonzaga finished Mirko. 2. Edson Barboza vs Terry Etim. UFC 142 – January 14, 2012. A brutal spinning head kick sent Etim flat to the ground. 1. Chris Weidman vs Anderson Silva. UFC 162 – July 6, 2013. The KO that demystified a legend.
We hope you enjoy today’s throwback
Are there any missing? Keep in mind this throwback only covers until 2013, future versions will surely include your recent favorites.SHARE: